Frequently Asked Questions
2. How do I Order Products?
Does it have to be in writing?We REQUIRE all purchase orders to be placed in writing, either by fax or e-mail. To place an order, please follow our Guidelines.
3. What if I have a question about my order?
We strongly recommend reviewing the Order Confirmation that has been sent to you by our sales team. Then, please take a look at our Terms of Sale. Should you have any further questions, or changes that need to be made, feel free to contact us immediately.
4. What confirmation will I receive?
After placing a purchase order, an Order Confirmation will be sent to you within three (3) business days. Please verify all the information on this Confirmation, as this is how we will process your order.
5. What are SCM’s Terms and Conditions of Sale?
Please refer to our Terms of Sale.
6. I placed an Order. When will it be delivered?
Please refer to your Order Confirmation for an estimated date. Please contact our sales department for any further inquires.
7. The delivery on my order confirmation is not what I asked for. Can this be improved?
We always strive for our customers to receive their material on time. For larger orders, it is always best to accept separate consignments. If you wish to expedite your order, please state that in your purchase order.
8. Is there a fee for expediting my order?
Yes. Please contact our sales department when placing your order.
10. How do I request a Quote?
Please fill out as much information as possible in our Online Form.
11. What if an item is not currently in stock when I order it?
Note that all our quotations provide an estimated ship date, a.r.o. A better estimate is given on the Order Confirmation. And finally, should there be any further problems, we will notify our customers as soon as possible.
12. I just received a quotation. In the estimated delivery, it says “a.r.o.” What is a.r.o.?
After Receiving Order
13. Can I send my own material for you to manufacture?
Yes, we will gladly work with your own materials.
15. Where can I get an MSDS sheet?
Check out our large MSDS database.
16. What if I cannot find an MSDS?
We try to keep our website as up-to-date as possible. Please Contact Us if you cannot find an MSDS in our website’s database.
17. Can I obtain a Certificate of Analysis online?
At this time, we do not offer analyses online. Please have your lot number ready when you contact us.
- For payment terms of Net 10 or Net 30, we require 3 credit references from all new customers.
- For bank wire transfers, a Proforma Invoice will be given in advance with all our bank information. NOTE: All purchasers are responsible for bank fees.
- For all credit card payments, we accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express. NOTE: Should the credit card be declined, there is a 5% finance charge added to the original total amount.
19. How much will I be billed for shipping?
Shipping methods vary from order to order. Customers should always state how they would like us to ship their orders.
20. Which shipping companies do you use?
- UPS (Preferred) – Please provide your account number. If you do not have an account number, we will prepay and add the cost of shipping to your invoice. All packages are insured, unless otherwise stated.
- FedEx - Please provide your account number. All transportation charges, including duties and taxes, will be billed to your account. SCM is not responsible for these charges. Note: If you do not have a FedEx account number, your order will be shipped via UPS.
21. What is your banking information for sending checks or wire transfers?
Please remit all checks to P.O. Box 701Tallman, NY 10982
Banking information can be obtained after placing your order.